./configure --with-kde-dir has no effect

Richard Moore rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 18:26:05 GMT 2001

Thomas Eschenbacher wrote:

> Richard Moore wrote:
> >
> > Use --prefix
>
> sorry, but this does not work as expected. If I specify /opt/kde2 it
> uses /opt/kde2, that's ok. But if I set --prefix=/tmp it does NOT fail
> and uses /opt/kde instead. This is wrong and will fail when compiling...

The trouble is that in general there is no such thing as KDEDIR any
more, we now use KDEDIRS. This means that including the option you
suggest would be a bug.

> I thought that --prefix is only the destination directory for
> installing.

No, that --install-prefix IIRC. There was some discssion on this
stuff on kde-core-devel a while back if you want to look through
the mail archive.

Rich.