Problems installing and running Gideon

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 06:55:26 BST 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Marcus Gruendler wrote:
> > Maybe one from the java debugger?
>
> Hmm. That's possible. But then I think the java related menues/tabs should be
> disabled/removed when editing a C++ project and vice versa.
I agree people would normally just want to run either C++ or Java debuggers,
but I think we ought to allow for running both at the same time. If a debugger
is connected to a 'set breakpoint' signal, it should check to source file
suffix on receipt of the signal ( '.java' vs '.cpp') and only set the
breakpoint if the filetype is appropriate.

Should there be a mechanism for ensuring tab names are unique? For example, a
number in brackets after the name, like kwrite if you have the same document
open more than once. Or an optional suffix could be provided along with the tab
name. Then you would insert 'Watch' with suffix 'java', if there was no
existing 'Watch' tab it would appear as 'Watch', otherwise 'Watch (java)' to
distinguish it. Similarly menu names might need some sort of name uniquing
mechanism.

-- Richard