Dealing with files

Marcus Gruendler runner at tamalin.de
Sun Jun 10 10:46:45 BST 2001

On Sunday 10 June 2001 04:21, you wrote:
[...]
> > On Saturday 09 June 2001 09:51, you wrote:
> > > In order to save and open files I'm trying to move my apps from QT to
> > > KDE implementations with a little trouble.
> > > Both KIO::NetAccess.... and KFileDialog::getSaveFileName... gave me the
> > > same results :
> > >  undefined reference to'KFileDialog::getSaveFileName......'
> > > ld returned 1 exit status
> > > what's wrong         ?
> > > I've included kfiledialog.h at the beginning and I'm calling that
> > > method in the correct way ( I've copied from other apps ).

[...]
> 1.4 and 2.0 I resolved , I had to check  kfile into the project
> /options/linker options and it worked.
[...]

Hi Francesco,

The error you described above seems to be a linker error. That means you did
not link your application with all necessary libraries. Since KFileDialog is
part of the KDE library libkfile.so, you should link this library by
appending -lkfile to your linking options. Or you can select the library from
the linker options dialog in KDevelop.

You should *never* add single files from the KDE source to your project since
this contradicts the use of libraries in general :-) !

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler
eMail: runner at tamalin.de