compiling gideon

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 9 15:33:26 BST 2001

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> I want to compile gideon from CVS, but
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> failes:
>
> *** Building Makefile templates
> parts/javasupport/Makefile.am:9: variable `JVMLIBS' not defined
>
> What is that env variable? What do I have to set it for? Do I need to have a
> java SDK installed (even if I never want to code java)?

No, you don't need an SDK. The Java support is only built when the
package is configured --with-javasupport. But even if it did depend
on Java, that should be something that configure complains about,
not already automake. automake doesn't care for your local installation,
it just processes Makefile.am's. The above error message looks like an
error in parts/javasupport/Makefile.am.

Are you sure you have a freshly checked out copy of the newest HEAD
branch? This gives me no problems.

Bernd.