Gideon (was: Best KDE development tools... help... Borland Kylix?)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 18:41:49 BST 2001

Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 May 2001 11:35, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 May 2001, Juergen Suessmaier wrote:
> > > Hi Bernd,

> Is this Gideon thing part of KDevelop? And is there any relationship to KUML?
>

> > > yep, that's it! Looks _very_ good! Is there already a planned release
> > > date for this new version?

Yes. Who´s missed it, Gideon is a preliminary codename for KDevelop 3.0.
In fact, it appears as such in the K Menu :) The release is scheduled
for KDE 3.0 if it´s ready by then but given the current speed of the
development I guess it will :))  BTW because it uses gideon as a binary
name, you´re taking no risk in trying the CVS code besides your current
KDevelop installation for production work.

Ralf

--
KDE 2 - Trust I seek and I find in You,
everyday for a something new,
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org