Qt3 and KDevelop 1.4 question.

Scott Manson Maniac at Alltel.net
Sat Jul 28 17:39:28 BST 2001

On Saturday 28 July 2001 09:29 am, you wrote:

As pointed out by a follow up post you needed the
ln -s not the ls.
> "ls -s qt-x11-free-3.0.0.beta2 qt3"
>
> and I got the following error:
>
> "No such file or directory"
>
> I checked and triple checked for spelling mistakes (there were none).  So,
> why am I getting this error?
>
> I then renamed the directory to "qt3" using the "mv" command (as was listed
> in the INSTALL file) and kept following your instructions.
>
> Well, after 16+ hours of compilation, over 3 days (I only have a 200 MMX,
> well I am poor) - much to the angst of the rest of the family members who
> use Windows - I kept following your instructions.  I wish the
> instructions had been for the RPM versions.  Much less troublesome and only
> takes about 1 minute to get the files.
>
> Oh well, onwards and downwards!
>
> I changed the directories to the Documentation and the Qt2.x Directory as
> you said to do.  Then I created a new KDE Mini project - an almost empty
> app that I can add to.  I didn't add a single line of code at all.  It
> compiled fine, but when I went to Make the app, the following error message
> was produced:
>
> gmake  all-recursive
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/root/relay'
> Making all in relay
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/root/relay/relay'
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt3/include
> - I/usr/X11R6/include     -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall
> -pedantic - W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
> -Wno-long-long -Wnon- virtual-dtor -fno-builtin -O0 -g3 -Wall  -c main.cpp
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt3/include
> - I/usr/X11R6/include     -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall
> -pedantic - W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
> -Wno-long-long -Wnon- virtual-dtor -fno-builtin -O0 -g3 -Wall  -c
> relay_meta_unload.cpp
> relay_meta_unload.cpp: In function `void unload_relay (const char **)':
> relay_meta_unload.cpp:5: `objectDict' undeclared (first use this
> function)

I too also have ran unto this problem the script for meta_unload references
a QT2 specific global objectDict which is removed for QT3. I tried to modify
a small piece of code as a workaround and kept getting an internal error with
gcc trying to parse some code.  I can't remember where exactly the error
occured but I had more pressing problems.
BTW the code was not really readable something along the lines of
*(obj->*func())

A 200Mhz system is borderline I was using one for the upgrade from KDE 1
and also found out that the compile would sometimes take around 24 hrs for
a "make clean".

--
Maniac at alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world.