Qt3-3.0.0-0.Beta2 and KDevelop 1.4 question.

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Jul 24 23:38:41 BST 2001

On Tuesday, 24. July 2001 11:23, you wrote:
> On Dienstag, 24. Juli 2001 09:51 Ralf Nolden wrote:
>
> Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2001 09:51 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > PS the database support is included in the GPL version as well definetly.
> > That's why KDE 2.2 doesn't have any database support of its own as we
> > dropped that due to Qt 3.
>
> OK. It was a misunderstanding from my side.
> Will there be a config tool for databases in KDE? (Sorry for OT)
Yes, I guess so. Databases will be integrated probably generally. For now I
just know that many will utilize the sql stuff in their apps so it may be
nice to have a general database control module. The stuff is similar to the
printing stuff in KDE 2, lots of backends but one frontend now that's used
everywhere.

> - Werner-
>
> BTW: I coppied the qt3 questions answer to the list on the kdevelop site.
> Is that what you meant by posting a howto?
No, I thought more about patching the FAQ file with a short info about that.
That's where it should go, and the manuals of course :) (well, someone else
could just copy and paste that into the sgml file and regenerate that. Harry
? :))

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org