Parse Error with printf - with source

Arcin Bozkurt - Archie arcin at lumictech.com
Mon Jul 23 22:58:36 BST 2001

On Monday 23 July 2001 16:42, you wrote:
> OK... Here is the program I am trying to compile... if I take out the
> printf it compiles perfectly, if I leave it there I get a parse error on
> the line following the printf. However, I can compile the Hello World
> example from the KDevelop project wizard which just does a printf and that
> works perfectly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> William Bartholomew

I can compile the code with g++ version 2.96 by including string.h for memset
and removing panic() related lines. I get a compile error for memset() and
panic().

With gcc, it does not compile...

i just call g++/gcc filename.c

When I run the executable created by g++ it prints the hello world and then a
segmentation fault...

I don't have any explanations: I am just tellign what happened on my system
(Redhat 7.0) which was different from William's.