Kdevelop + codecompletion for C++ = project / need help :o)

J�r�me Iffrig jerome.iffrig at caramail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:20:48 BST 2001

Hi!

A couple of days ago, I have addressed the following
question on Kdevelop's forum :-

[...] Has anybody heard about an auto-complete
functionality within Kdevelop?
e.g. I tape the name of a class - then the dot - and all
the possible choices (attributes / methods) that I can use
in this context pops-up living me free to select one of
them to complete the spelling of my coding [...]

Since I have received an answer from Sandy Meier :-

[...] Yes, it is planed, but in the first version it will
be only implemented for PHP and Python. For other languages
we search volunteers.
[...]
You can checkout the Gideon sourcecode and try to
understand the framework a little. I hope I will have the
codecompletion framework ready (Kwrite as Editor and PHP as
language) in the end of the week, so you can take a look if
you want.
Ciao!
Sandy
[...]

First: many thanks Sandy for you fast answers
Second: I am -extremely- motivated in developing this
functionality as I believe it's going to help a lot of
novice developers willing to enjoy C++ ... and be much
convenient to the advanced ones.

Please let me know WHEN and WHERE I can get the Gideon
sourcecode for me to get a flavor of what the code looks
like.
Please, anyone, let me know if you are willing to develop
this functionality with me / discuss about its design / how
we could implement it.

Ciao for now.
Jérôme - UK