support for lex and yacc question

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 07:34:39 BST 2001

Wolf-Ruediger Juergens wrote:

> On Monday 16 July 2001 21:41, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > Put AM_PROG_LEX and AC_PROG_YACC into your configure.in (or
> > configure.in.in, if you have that).
>
> Thank you for the quick reply. It works now.
>
> > > I know how to do it with a Makefile, but have no glue how to make
> > > it using kdevelop project templates.
> > > Can you point me in the right direction please ? A link to a RTFM
> > > or other documentation is ok for me.
> >
> > For such cases, the autoconf and automake documentation is actually
> > not too bad. Just type 'info automake', 'i' to activate index search
> > and search for 'lex'. That's one of the things where a console
> > program is still superior to khelpcenter :-)
>
> Yes, i have print out the relevant info pages of automake and try to
> understand how to use it in the future.
Then you'd be a #1 candidate to automate this stuff in configure.in
resp. configure.in.in and make a frontend for adding checks into a
project for headers and libraries if the project requires this :))

Interested in helping with this ? Then just take gideon from head,
compile with KDE 2.2 and write a plugin - it
's that easy :))

Ralf