ANNOUNCE: KDevelop-2.0-beta1 released

Rick Sivernell res005ru at gte.net
Sat Jul 7 18:03:50 BST 2001

On Friday 06 July 2001 17:03, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (This is an announcement for all who are not subscribed to the other KDE
> mailing-lists:)
>
> The KDevelop team is proud to present beta 1 of KDevelop 2.0 - an easy
> use C/C++ IDE for KDE.
> KDevelop 2.0 Beta1 has been released as part of the KDE 2.2 Beta1
> release!
>
> Please, we want to get a rock-stable final version of 2.0. Please, test
> it
> and send your feedback and bugreports to one of these mailing-lists:
>   kdevelop at kdevelop.org
>   kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
>

> Licence
> =======
> See http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=license.html
>

> screenshots
> ===========
> See http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=kdev2prev.html
>

> download
> ========
> You can use any of the KDE mirrors to download it along with KDE 2.2
> Beta1.
> See http://www.kde.org/webmirrors.html
> For instance, you can download here:
>   http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/unstable/2.2beta1
>

> Compiling from CVS sources
> ==========================
> See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop&m=98993419130573&w=2
>

> Changes from 1.4.1 to 2.0beta1
> ==============================
> - The Version number is now 2.0.
>
> - KDevelop's user interface has been rewritten with the usage of the
> multiple
>   document interface architecture, allowing to view several windows.
>   Also several views for the same file can be used.
> - The view mode can be switched between Childframe mode, Toplevel mode
> and
>   TabPage mode
> - The bookmark handling and the internal debugger were adapted to the
> new GUI.
> ===> Both features are possible because now we base on QextMDI, a
> library which
>      supports advanced MDI for Qt and KDE.
>
> - A new configuration wizard (based on QWizard) replaces the old,
> messagebox
>   based one.
>
> - Project sessions (.kdevses) were introduced.
>
> - Dockwidget usage has been extended to dock/undock the tabulator
> windows in the
>   Treeview and Outputview
>
> - New templates for implementing a KDE/Qt style library and KControl
> modules
>   have been added.
>
> - The kde-common/admin copy (admin.tar.gz) has been updated to the
> latest
>   version in KDE CVS. Users of versions prior to 2.0 are advised to
> update
>   their project's admin directory with that to support newer versions of
>   autoconf and automake.
>
> - KDevelop now uses the new tip of day dialog from kdelibs

> [...]

I have now done the cvs build of the KDevelop2 project.
all is well upto the make install, where the two files are not found:
ktip.h & kprinter.h not found.

PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /opt/kde2/lib
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/projects/src/kde2src/kdevelop-2.0cvs/kdevelop/setup'make[2]: Leaving
directory `/projects/src/kde2src/kdevelop-2.0cvs/kdevelop/setup'make[2]:
Entering directory `/projects/src/kde2src/kdevelop-2.0cvs/kdevelop'
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/opt/kde2/include -I/usr/lib/qt2/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include  -I./kpp -I./kwrite -I./widgets/qextmdi/include
-I../kdevelop/ctags    -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wundef -Wconversion -fno-builtin
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new  -c
ckdevelop.cpp
ckdevelop.cpp:60: ktip.h: No such file or directory
ckdevelop.cpp:76: kprinter.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [ckdevelop.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/projects/src/kde2src/kdevelop-2.0cvs/kdevelop'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/projects/src/kde2src/kdevelop-2.0cvs/kdevelop'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
[root at RSivernell kdevelop-2.0cvs]# find /$PWD -name 'ktip.*'

I have searched my machine for a copy and download site at kdevelop for them
to no avail. Where are they. I assume the *.cpp files will be needed too
--
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287
res005ru at gte.net