ANNOUNCE: KDevelop-2.0-beta1 released
gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 23:03:31 BST 2001
(This is an announcement for all who are not subscribed to the other KDE
The KDevelop team is proud to present beta 1 of KDevelop 2.0 - an easy
use C/C++ IDE for KDE.
KDevelop 2.0 Beta1 has been released as part of the KDE 2.2 Beta1
Please, we want to get a rock-stable final version of 2.0. Please, test
and send your feedback and bugreports to one of these mailing-lists:
kdevelop at kdevelop.org
kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
You can use any of the KDE mirrors to download it along with KDE 2.2
For instance, you can download here:
Compiling from CVS sources
Changes from 1.4.1 to 2.0beta1
- The Version number is now 2.0.
- KDevelop's user interface has been rewritten with the usage of the
document interface architecture, allowing to view several windows.
Also several views for the same file can be used.
- The view mode can be switched between Childframe mode, Toplevel mode
- The bookmark handling and the internal debugger were adapted to the
===> Both features are possible because now we base on QextMDI, a
supports advanced MDI for Qt and KDE.
- A new configuration wizard (based on QWizard) replaces the old,
- Project sessions (.kdevses) were introduced.
- Dockwidget usage has been extended to dock/undock the tabulator
windows in the
Treeview and Outputview
- New templates for implementing a KDE/Qt style library and KControl
have been added.
- The kde-common/admin copy (admin.tar.gz) has been updated to the
version in KDE CVS. Users of versions prior to 2.0 are advised to
their project's admin directory with that to support newer versions of
autoconf and automake.
- KDevelop now uses the new tip of day dialog from kdelibs
- The user manual has been extended to match the new GUI layout plus
chapter for using Qt Designer with KDevelop projects
- A newly added ctags-based search database enables "Goto
definition/declaration" and the switch between .h and .cpp file. It
- The compiler output is shown coloured.
- Man pages are accessable via KDevelop's help browser.
- The functionality of KDevelop was splitted in shared libraries.
- Sounds for KDevelop events (system notification in KDE's Control
- The configuration of shared libs subprojects was improved.
- Lots of small and big bugfixes are made, especially in the editor.
KDevelop-2.0 bases on the source code of the previously released
Gideon is the codename of KDevelop-3.0 which is already under
KDevelop's CVS HEAD branch and which will be released some time later
the release of 2.0.
If you like to join the KDevelop developers, don't hesitate to contact
kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org! We need you bugfixes and patches for 2.0 as
as your contributions for Gideon!
to all the contributors who made this version possible:
John Birch, Falk Brettschneider, Christian Couder, Daniel Engelschalt,
Fernengel, Bernd Gehrmann, August Hörandl, Roland Krause, Serge Lussier,
Nolden, Ravikiran Rajagopal, Carsten Wolff, Jens Zurheide.
Special thanks to the KDE core team for the integration in the KDE
...and of course to all users of KDevelop.
Falk Brettschneider (on behalf of the KDevelop team)
06 July 2001
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
More information about the KDevelop