debugging problems

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 06:37:41 GMT 2001

Hi,
I am having some strange problems when I try to debug with the
integrated debugger. I am trying to debug an application called
kgraphspace that was build w/ kdevelop and uses libtool. The integrated
debugger doesn't seem to be able to interact with the running  program.
I can't seem to set and remove breakpoints after the program has
started to run and I can't seem to interrupt it either. Very strange...
Sometimes it wont even start I need to hit run at least 3 times because
of some breakpoints in shared libraries.

My version of kdevelop-1.4 from cvs with kdelibs-2.0.1 hacked to
compile on Solaris6 with gdb-5.0. Maybe the problem is gdb-5.0?

Has anybody made similar experiences?

Regards
Roland

PS: Why dont you guys backport some of your good ideas from kdevelop-2
and keep this baby (1.4) alive? I mean, better to have a slowly
changing but funtioning program than none at all. :-) Yeah I now, I'm
sitting here on my smart ass making stupid remarks nobody asked for,
but maybe the one or other has thought of this too....

=====
Roland Krause