Problem installing kdelibdocs_kdoc2-1.1

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Thu Jan 18 20:22:16 GMT 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:04, Jeff Stephens wrote:
> Unfortunately, you're wrong.  Failure to run './configure' with the
> 'with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-1.45' qualifier results in an earlier error in the
> script, i.e., it aborts saying it can't find the qt-1.45 library.  Only by
> including this qualifier can I get beyond this error only to encounter the
> one I listed below.  This is one of the maddening things about kdevelop.
> We're up to KDE 2.1beta which demands qt-2.2.3, yet kdevelop is still
> demanding the old outdated qt libraries.  This seems ridiculous to me. Even
> worse though is the lack of any kind of included documentation telling you
> how to work around this problem to get everything installed.  In fairness,
> I should say
> that kdevelop 1.4 itself installs fine.  It is only the c_c++ and
> kdelibdocs tarballs with which I have had problems.

What is kdelibsdoc? Where did you get it? I'm assuming these are the kdoc
generated  documentation for kdelibs? I know nothing about these for
kdevelop1.4. Are they for kdevelop1.3?

You should have kdelibs2.1 and kdoc_2_0_1 (as specified for the kde2.1
release) and then just generate the docs yourself. The libs have changed and
it's better to use the latest documention.

kdevelop1.4 will not longer compile (without effort) on kde2.0.1 and the
beta1 has a fair few problems :( I really recommend upgrading to kde2.1,
preferrable via the anoncvs servers.

jbb