WishList - Changing the complier Kdevelop uses to compile C++ code

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 18:15:18 GMT 2001

Heiko Leberer wrote:

> Matthew Williams wrote:
> >
> > Gday,
> > I've suggested to the University I attend to, to install Kdevelop for
> > C++ projects. However they asked me is it possible to change the
> > compiler Kdevelop uses to compile C++ code as there are several people
> > who don't want to see two different compilers run at the same time. So
> > my wish for Kdevelop is to be able to change the compiler Kdevelop
> > uses to compile C++ code.
> > Matthew.
> >

> Try an "export CXX=<compiler of your choice>" before starting kdevelop.
> Then do an autoconf again and the new compiler should be used.
>
> kdevelop doesn't depend on a specific compiler, it uses the one
> configured with autoconf.
Additionally, I would either set this globally for all students so they
have the same environment and don´t have to open a shell or whatever;
guess this is a permanent installation so it shouldn´t harm. ~/.bashrc
should do the job as well...

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org