What are you supposed to use to edit *ui.rc file?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Jan 10 16:01:22 GMT 2001

Brian Wagener wrote:

> What do we use to edit the XML file?  I wouldn't want to do it by hand,
> does QT designer modify it?
> Brian Wagener

erm...that is usually not a big deal and it depends on your actions. You
need to edit it by hand, there´s no graphical designer for that yet.

Now, the thing for a program to do that by clicking or whatever is that
the KStdActions you´re using are merged automatically, so that program
would need to know about your used KStdActions in the code and the
KActions you add to your actionCollection with the according strings.
Really difficult and much easier to do by hand than to even include the
standardactions in a desiger because the standardactions insert
themselves automatically into the menus.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org