no rule to make target 'rc.cpp', needed by 'messages'

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jan 8 23:52:15 GMT 2001

Eggert Ehmke wrote:

> This message appears when I try to create a distribution tgz.  This did not
> happen before, and I don't know what has changed. In the project Makefile,
> there is indeed a section
>
> messages: rc.cpp
>         LIST=`find . -name \*.h -o -name \*.hh -o -name \*.H -o -name \*.hxx -o
> -name \*.hpp -o -name \*.cpp -o -name \*.cc -o -name \*.cxx -o -name \*.ecpp
> -o -name \*.C`; \
>         if test -n "$$LIST"; then \
>          $(XGETTEXT) $$LIST -o $(podir)/kshowmail.pot; \
>         fi
>
> but I don'have a file rc.cpp. Ok, the last thing I did was to update the *.po
> files with KBabel.
>
> I have KDE2.1beta, Qt 2.2.3, KDevelop 1.4, SuSE 7.0, Kernel 2.2.18. What did
> I mess up ?

Dunno yet ;-) but if you have the sources of kde2.1beta, you could look
that up yourself and help fix it. It´s a rule for creating a dummy
rc.cpp file from the XML Gui file that contains the strings for the
menubar/toolbar stuff, so these get into the pot file. Maybe there´s
just the call missing, could you look that up ? Also I know that there´s
a script I added to the kdevelop distribution that does that exactly,
also placed in the kdesdk/scripts module that I copied into kdevelop.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org