two down one to go...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 18:37:00 GMT 2001

John,
the fix worked, I can grep things in kdevelop now while kdevelop runs
in the debugger. I hope many of my problems will go away now.

Also, my BuildMake cleanup is coming along now. I would like to change
the process that is being used to run make from a KProcess to a
KShellProcess, because it is more general i.e. it allows for shell
expansions.

Also I would like to take out the demand for "/bin/sh" being the shell
under which all processes are being run. This is in the constructor of
the KProcess objects btw. and it is according to the documentation
unnecessary and prevents that the user's shell will be used to execute
processes.

I also would suggest using a new process object for the purpose of
calling make

The last thing I'd like to do on this is go through the
SlotBuildCleanRebuildAll function and sort it out a bit too. Less code
is better code I believe. Then the whole Make issue could be moved into
a seperate file and left alone, it needs to be revamped at a later
point anyway.

Roland

=====
Roland Krause