Printing problem with solution

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu
Sun Feb 25 00:52:50 GMT 2001

Oops.  I forgot to mention a couple of things:

This is necessary in kdevelop/print/cprintdlg.cpp:

#include <qstringlist.h>

and please comment out the line that sends diagnostic messages to cerr as
that needs iostream.

Regards,
Ravi

Repeat of my last message:

Hi,
  I have been using KDevelop 1.4beta2 with KDE 2.1beta2. The print dialog has
a few problems with sane defaults. It sends enscript empty fontnames if the
user does not explicitly choose fonts. From the user's point of view, it
seems as if the printing capability does not work. The solution I present
here is a hack but works nevertheless:

In kdevelop/print/cprintdlg.cpp, in function slotOkClicked, replace the two
instances of

*process << "enscript " + string + " " + files;

by

  // Ravi's modifications ----------------------------------------
  QString RArgs = "enscript " + string + text + " " + files;
  RArgs.simplifyWhiteSpace();
  QStringList RArgList = QStringList::split(QString::QString(" "),RArgs);
  QStringList::Iterator RIt;
  process->clearArguments();
  for ( RIt = RArgList.begin(); RIt != RArgList.end(); ++RIt )
    {
      cerr << (*RIt).latin1() << "\n";
      if (!((QString::QString(*RIt)).right(1) == "="))
        *process << QString::QString(*RIt);
    }

This works by not giving enscript any options with null arguments. Sorry I am
unable to send this as a patch, but I don't have any pristine sources and my
net connection is really slow. I suspect that similar errors may occur with
lpr and a2ps options, too.