kdevelop crash while debugging

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 20:29:08 GMT 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cant see the values of QString in kdevelop's debugger.
> My current version is 1.4 from cvs with kde2.1beta2.
> Also kdevelop crashes when using the debugger after some time.
Today I compiled KDevelop as release version (without --enable-debug)
and it crashed in GDBController after a short time of debugging. I tried
to trace the problem by recompiling KDevelop as debug version, did the
same steps in the debugger (although I'm not sure anymore, if they were
the same), but then it didn't crash again. It seems, it's an access
problem to an invalid pointer which happens only sometimes when the
accessed memory is randomly used by other stuff). I'll keep the debug
version (and DBG_MONITOR, too) and watch more closely...

Ciao,
F at lk