ctags support

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 17:54:52 GMT 2001

Hi,
I am currently adding ctags support to kdevelop-1.4cvs

Here is my plan:

1 Will support and require exuberant ctags,
  see http://ctags.sourceforge.net
2 Ctags file can be generated for all files in the project,
  will support configuration of the significant ctags options later,
  at first options will be hardwired.
  Creation of ctags file shall be run from the menu (possibly from
  Project->Make Ctags) and maybe automatic when project is opened or
  modified.
  Ctags files are recreated not merged if this is too slow we'll see,
  but later.
3 Ctags file is parsed as follows:
  All ctags that are ambiguous are stored in QLists, one QList for each

  set of tags with the same name
  All taglists are stored in a QDict for fast searching.
4 Upon searching by name a QList is returned. If the list only contains

  one element jump to the source file, otherwise present the user with
  popup that lets him choose the correct line.

I have created a ctags folder to hold the necessary datastructures. I
implemented the basic datastructure already. I am now trying to finish
the creating part (2) today.

Now my questions:
The CProject class holds the data structure for the project dir
(QString) and the files belonging to the project. It also provides
access to the sources and headers belonging to the project
(getSources and getHeaders).

How or (where) do I find a global instance of the Project so that I can
access this information?

Roland

I need the list

=====