downloading and compiling

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com.ar
Mon Feb 19 21:32:39 GMT 2001

On Monday 19 February 2001 12:34, you wrote:
> If you go to KDE's web site, they have KDE already compiled and in rpm's.
> You should be able to use the upgrade switch to rpm to have it update to a
> new version. The trick is to install the packages in the correct order.
> When I went from 1.0. to 1.1, the 3 packages that have to be installed were
> all dependent of each other and had to be installed with the same time (
> all three with one rpm command ) to satisfy the dependencies.
>
> I looked at the web site. 2.01 is there, ready to go for Mandrake 7.2.
I don't wanna compile it so I don't have to install RPMs, I wanna compile it
just because I wanna compile, I want to have the source code, modify it,
compile it, learn, have the latest code, report bugs in a better way, half of
the bugs I reported where already corrected in the cvs version.
--
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com.ar  www.pupeno.com.ar