How to change values of variables while debugging

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Feb 16 18:33:44 GMT 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:45, Thomas Huld wrote:
> Thomas Huld wrote too quickly:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How to change values of variables while debugging. There seem to be no
> > > corresponding menu option
> >
> > You have to use the commands of the underlying debugger. For
> > gdb, this has the form
> >
> >         set variable = expression
>
> Sorry, I goofed. I didn't look closely and I thought I was
> answering on the DDD mailing list (where the above answer
> would have been correct).
>
> In the help on kdbg there is a section "Tips and Tricks" where
> this is explained.

Don't forget that the kdevelop internal debugger is not the same as kdbg.

Look at the "User manual to KDevelop". There you will find the answer -
although all of what Thomas said applies here as well. ie you do use the
underlying debugger commands, but you use it via the watch window. It is not
an ideal solution but it does work.

jbb