projects, workspaces etc.

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Feb 16 18:27:03 GMT 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:06, Roland Krause wrote:
> Well, I've tried this now and I can make kdevelop crash.
>
> Start kdevelop (1.4 cvs from yesterday). Goto generate project file,
> choose a directory somewhere, note that I do not have any Makefile.am
> in the directory I choose, hit Ok! - Crash.
>
> That was the good news. The bad news is that when I try it while
> running in the debugger (kdevelop internal debugger) then it does not
> crash.
>
> I'll reproduce this later and I can send the bt if noone else can see
> this.

Hi Roland,

I take it your project has no Makefile.am in any of the subdirs either?
After running it under the debugger do you get a valid project file?

I've tried this by creating a normal app - then deleteing the Makefile.am
files and the project file then generating a project. I get a "There are no
Makefile.am files blah blah blah" message. Contining from that creates a
valid project. hmm How old is your kdevelop1.4?

jbb