doxygen support

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Wed Feb 14 23:17:47 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:38, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> At first I want to thank you for KDevelop 1.4 which is really great and
> useful!
>
> If it's possible I'd like to have doxygen support for the kde-documentation
> and the search feature.
>
> Some bugs I found in KDevelop 1.4CVS:
>
> -The set path for "Project options->Program->Libtool details->Path of
> libtool" is not saved if you quit KDevelop and is not resored  if you open
> the optionsfialog again.
oops - needs fixing

> -The path to the executable of the project is only used correctly if you
> use it as a absolute path. If you use it as relative path the
> executable is not found if you want ti rune using KDevelop.
yes - needs fixing

> -Pressing the button "Standard" in the button row at the bottom of the
> optionsdialog crashes KDevelop
ouch - needs fixing

> -If you close KDevelop and the debug-output window is shown at this time
> the output window is opened as own window on the next startup of KDevelop,
> The state is not saved or not restored
ok - ugly but...

> -The "Watch" tab part (the tab for the debugger) is not disabled on
> startup!
hmmm This is a problem?

> -The KDE2 documentation is not used correctly: The different
> libraries are not inserted in the doc-tree (kdelibs, kdeui etc.)
Works fine here - can you explain more?

> -View->Tab Text->Only Icons should also switch off the tab text for the
> file part on the left (Header / CPP file / Documentation)
Well - maybe/maybe not

> It would be great if you add support for docbook handbooks because this is
> the system KDE2 uses now and KDevelop is a mature KDE2 app :)
> SGML2HTML is not useful any more for KDE2 apps.
I agree - however I use neither sgml2html nor docbook so I have no idea what
is needed for docbook support. I'm afraid someone else will have to look into
doing this. Anybody?

btw - We are accepting all patches that fix bugs in kdevelop1.4. Don't be shy
:-)

Thanks for the feedback Joachim. It's much appreciated.

jbb