Still cant create a project even after complete new checkout and rebuild

Otto Bruggeman bruggie at home.nl
Wed Feb 14 17:05:34 GMT 2001

Hi,

well like the subject says i completely rebuild kdevelop 1.4 and i am
still unable to create a new project based on any KDE project template.

If i totally clean my system of kdevelop with:
rm -rf /opt/kde2/share/apps/kdevelop/ and
rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/
and then completely reinstall i get errors when i select the kde2mdi
project without cvs support and with the name MusiK. It gives me this
output in the upper listbox:
Starting with installation
App [MusiK] Type [kde2mdi]
Starting with configuration
creating configuration files...
>make -f Makefile.dist
make configure...
>LDFLAGS=" " CFLAGS="-O0 -g3 -Wall" CXXFLAGS="-O0 -g3 -Wall"
>./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt2 --prefix=/opt/kde2
creating API documentation...
No header files found, so no API-doc generation yet
creating musik.pot
>make -f admin/Makefile.common package-messages
READY

And this output in the lower listbox:
Couldn't change to directory
/home/bruggie/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/kdeveloptemp/: Onbekend bestand of
map at /opt/kde2/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/processes.pl line 61.
make: Makefile.dist: Onbekend bestand of map
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.dist'.  Stop.
sh: ./configure: Onbekend bestand of map
make: admin/Makefile.common: Onbekend bestand of map
make: ***
No rule to make target `admin/Makefile.common'.  Stop.

As far as i can tell from the sources, the kdeveloptemp dir only gets made
when i choose a cvs enabled project. So this is a bug in either
processes.pl or the if statement where it is checked whether this is a cvs
enabled project and therefore should be created by default not only when
it is a cvs project. If the temp dir should be the project dir as i saw in
the source code then the processes.pl file is to blame and it should know
that it should use the project dir instead of the kdeveloptemp dir.

After this i looked into the musik dir and there are now 2 files called
admin.tar.gz and template.tar.gz The only problem now seems to be that
processes.pl has to know that it has to use the projectdir as temp dir and
not the kdeveloptemp directory.

All in all processes.pl is the one to blame...

Hope this helps to fix the problem,
Otto