code completion help...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 01:58:39 GMT 2001

--- Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Roland Krause <rokrau at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > A really stupid question. I sincerly apologize... but
> > What is wrong with the existing class parser?
>
> It's nowhere near good enough to do code completion.

An even more stupid question :-)

So what?

It parses good enough for a graphical classviewer but not
for code completion? Is it not fast enough or what is the reason for
that? Could it not be enhanced with an API that doesnt change much and
on which the actual code completion could be built. Then the class
parser can be replaced later.

Roland

=====
Roland Krause