Tutorial about implementing QT Designer dialogs ?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 10:00:17 GMT 2001

Girard Henri wrote:

> Can some one tell me why you change the kdev dialogs
> interface with QT designer ?
> Will QT be better implemented in Kdev ? Because I am a
> newbie and fortunatly i have some knowledge about
> programming because it's really a hard thing to be
> able to make both working together... Thanks Anne for
> tutorial.. But there is a lot which change with new QT
> designer...
> I used vdkbuilder in gnome... And if kdev could have
> the same conviviality it would be a nice interface :)
> But maybe kdev is not done for newbies ? I think
> expert don't need this kind of IDE !!
> (Well guy it's not a complaint !!! Just some points
> !!! I think that's already wonder people spend  time
> doing this kind of tools... But at my level I try to
> help people who are coming from windows to linux...
> Newbies !!! )
> Henri

Henri,

I think this is very easy to work with Qt designer. I mean, create a
project in kdevelop, select "File" "New" "Qt Desginer File" and adding a
class that inherits your designer class is the way to go. You *NEVER*
have to call uic by commandline yourself, that is all done automatically
by the application framework, and that is the reason annma´s tutorial
ins´t in kdevelop yet because it contains too much stuff that makes it
absolutely much more complicated than it is.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org