newbie question about the XML interface framework

Richard Moore rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 18:46:57 GMT 2001

One of the features of the XML framework is that it has built in
support for standard actions (eg. File > Open). These are pulled
from the global UI spec file (ui_standards.rc) ensuring they
are in styleguide compliant positions.

Your own actions will be appended by default, or can be directed
to one of the Merge tags. In addition you can override the standard
items in a menu by adding the attribute noMerge="1" to the Menu tag.

For more info take a look at these links:

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdeui/ui_standards.rc
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/xmlui/preface.html

Hope this help

Rich.