problem compiling kdevelop-1.4beta2

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Thu Feb 8 13:10:20 GMT 2001

> Hmm ... so which version of KDevelop do I need to make it compiling and
> running with KDE 2.0.1.

KDevelop 1.3

>It is not 1.3 since this one needs some kfm.h
> include file which does no longer exist on KDE 2.0.1.

Right. KDevelop 1.3 requires the KDE 1.1x libs. If you don't have/want them
anymore, you can also try the statically linked version for linux on
kdevelop.org

> Do I have to choose beta1?

Yes, if you want 1.4. Otherwise no.

> If yes, where do I get it? It is not on the FTP server.
> Or should I download the 1.4beta2 RPM for my SuSE 7.0?

It is part of the KDE2.1beta2 release

> Does this work for my KDE 2.0.1?

No, you will need KDE 2.1 Beta2 in order to get 1.4 working.

Regards,

</daniel>

--
KDE 2 - Conquer your Desktop!