QT Designer and KDE Widgets

Richard Moore rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 23:34:27 GMT 2001

Torsten Evers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried the QT designer today because according to all the information I
> gathered till now it will be the future in dialog design with kdevelop
> instead of the .kdevdlg editor. I tried a very simple dialog today and it
> worked so far but could anybody tell me please how to use KDE classes instead
> of the QT ones (e.g. KListView <-> QListView) ? Or could anybody point me to
> a helpful howto document ?

After building Qt and KDE, you then need to go back to Qt and
re-run configure with the -kde flag. You then need to rebuild
the designer. Afterwards you'll find the KDE widgets available
too.

This rather clumsy procedure should be fixed in Qt 3.0 IIRC as
it supports plugins rather than just a statically compiled set
of widgets.

Rich.