code completion help...

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Sat Feb 3 09:39:23 GMT 2001

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:29, christopher j bottaro wrote:
(snip)
> well, a little QListBox appears filled with all the methods declared in
> CClassStore (store's type).  my prob is i want to list box to appear
> directly under the cursor, not in the upperleft corner of the CEditWidget.
> i can't figure it out.  i tried grabbing XPos and YPos from kWriteView, but
> appearently they don't refer to where the cursor is.

Not sure. I might be able to help if I could see your patch. What version of
kdevelop are you dealing with? kdevelop1.3, 1.4 or 2.0?

> also, how can i set the QListBox to:
> 1)  have a frame (without a titlebar, close box, i.e. not a top level
> widget) 2)  be resizable
> 3)  not make the kWriteView lose focus when you click on an item in the
> list box.  to elaborate, i don't want the cursor to disappear from the
> editor widget when i highlight an item in the listbox with the mouse.

What about using a QPopupMenu instead of a QListBox? Does that have the style
and functionality you want? But look at dbgtoolbar.cpp for code that uses a
QFrame without the decorations. (again in kdevelop1.4 not the kdevelop2.0.
I've yet to fix that properly)

> thanks so much for the help.  maybe if (i ever) finish this and its quality
> is usable, i can submit it for review and i can be put in a future release
> of kdevelop?
>
> so far its pretty fast at determining what scope the cursor is in and
> populating and displaying the listbox after typing "." or "->".

Sounds good. I'd be very interesting in seeing what you have, especially if
you are working on kdevelop1.4.

jbb