error message-> undefined reference to 'xxx::QPaintDevice virtual table'

fir delplancke f.delplancke at belgacom.net
Fri Dec 28 16:53:19 GMT 2001

Dear All,

I often get following error messages in KDevelop 2.0 (SuSE 7.3):

-->       undefined reference to 'Fudel::QPaintDevice virtual table'
-->       undefined reference to 'Fudel virtual table'

for the Fudel constructor AND for the Fudel destructor.

Fudel is a public-derived class of a, with Qt-Designer created class.

This error can be caused by a Uppercase in the class name (-> FuDel)
or in a label (-> TextLabel), but sometimes I can't find the cause!

The error disappears when I remove Q_OBJECT in fudel.cpp but,
of course, in this case I can't use the implemented SLOTS!!

How can I completely avoid this error?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

f.delplancke.