ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.1 Beta 1 out now!
gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 13:07:34 GMT 2001
(This is an announcement for all who are not subscribed to the other KDE
The KDevelop team is proud to present KDevelop 2.1 Beta 1 - an easy to
use C/C++ IDE for KDE. KDevelop 2.0.2 has been released as part of the
KDE 3.0 Beta 1 release!
KDE 3.0 Beta 1 announcement and press release
You can use any of the KDE mirrors to download it along with
KDE 3.0 Beta 1.
Compiling from CVS sources
Changes from 2.0.2 to 2.1 Beta 1
- packaged for KDE 3, only. (source-compatible to KDE 2 though)
- full cross-compiling support, with the ability to specify a compiler,
compiler flags, target architecture, etc.
- support for Qt/Embedded projects (such as the Zaurus and iPAQ).
- Tab key code indention (Emacs-like)
- several bufixes concerning to the previous version 2.0.2
(e.g. global functions in class tree-view)
1) Using the KDE_2_2_BRANCH you can also compile this version for KDE 2
2) Gideon is the codename of KDevelop-3.0 which is already under
construction on KDevelop's CVS HEAD branch and which will be
released some time later.
If you like to join the KDevelop developers, don't hesitate to
contact us at kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org! We need you bugfixes
and patches for the 2.1 release as well as your contributions for
These issues must be fixed for final release 2.1:
- Tab page mode view-switching by click on the tab headers broken
- coloured compiler output broken (black/white only atm)
- small editor bugs because of new Tab-key code-indention
F at lk Brettschneider (on behalf of the whole KDevelop team)
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
More information about the KDevelop