100 ms delay function needed - problem solved

Daniel Lynes dlynes1 at home.com
Fri Aug 31 22:40:58 BST 2001

On Thursday 30 August 2001 16:23, Phil wrote:

> I just wanted to thank the people who responded to my question. I am now
> well on the way to completing the project.

Btw, a more portable method of doing it (so it also works in Windows) is:

#define MSPAUSE	500		/* 1/2 second pause */
#ifdef WIN32
	Sleep( MSPAUSE ) ;
#else
	usleep( MSPAUSE ) ;
#endif

However, as someone else stated, usleep sends a signal to the process, so you
might wish to use the select method instead on POSIX systems.