report some KDevelop bugs

Pablo Pita Leira pablo.pita at pitagoral.com
Thu Aug 30 23:10:47 BST 2001

On Thursday 30 August 2001 02:42, you wrote:
> > I modify the Makefile and save it. I build the project and it does not
> > find it.
>
> I find it best not to modify the Makefile manually. Why do you need to do
> this? When you import files in using KDevelop it will handle all this for
> you. Just copy the files into the directory (as you did) and use the File
> tree, clicking the right mouse button on the file and selecting "Add to
> project". I think perhaps KDevelop can get confused if you edit these files
> manually.

Thanks for the point. It takes time to get to know the tool and how to use it.

I checked the mailing list just to know how people imported files into
projects. I am just browsing the Qt examples and I like to see and play with
the sources.

I found that for browsing C++ files, because of using the class browser, the
simplest thing to do is to create the project file in the directory where the
sources are and open this project file. The files are already included in the
project file.

If you want to compile the sources, it seems better to create a project with
the wizard and import the sources into the project. I would not import the
makefile. I just would import the *.cpp, *.h, *.pxm and *.pro so KDevelop
handles the configuration of the makefile for me.

Correct me if I am wrong.
--
Pablo Pita Leira

Software development, integration & testing
http://www.pitagoral.com
Tel: +49 (0)69 60504293
mobile: +49 (0)173 794 1704