Probs with the debugger

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 07:54:08 BST 2001

Hi,

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> On Dienstag, 28. August 2001 13:23, you wrote:
> > Hi Ralf !
> >
> > Sorry, but I don't know what you mean !?
> You are trying to invoke another process and you want the debugger to go with
> you into that process, so I think the process you want to start needs to be
> attatched. There is an option in the debugging menu to attatch to a running
> process; that's what I meant.
I think his stdout method is in his master process, so debugging should
work there IMO.

But I suppose I know what could be wrong. I noticed that starting
KProcess'es doesn't work if I call them from programs which are being
debugged. For instance when I debug KDevelop in KDevelop's internal
debugger, all KProcesses (e.g. Konsole) in the debugged KDevelop don't
work at all.
So has your worker process ever started?

The reason for this behaviour should be in the code of KProcess deep
down in kdelibs/kdecore.
If you fix that, I'll pay for a round of virtual beer. ;)

Ciao,
F at lk