java support

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 16:39:06 BST 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> Hi,
> Did the Java support in Gideon support gcj?
Interesting question - Thomas Kuhn is in the process of porting the Qt and KDE
Java bindings to work with gcj. I'm pretty excited about that - he has got
the KDE example program (ie gideon project template) working ok apparently. Then
it would be possible to use gdb to debug java programs, and we wouldn't need to
write a special java debugger for gideon. It should be possible to add a build
option to java projects to either build java .class files for a jvm, or to build
native code with gcj.

-- Richard