subclass of qt/kde

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Aug 28 19:11:48 BST 2001

On Dienstag, 28. August 2001 13:35, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I create a base class with qt designer, I inherit it
> and a subclass is created. So all my signal and slot
> implementation should be done in the subclass, right? During
> the development, I would add/change the base class. Will
> this affect my signal&slot?
Yes :) if you change the name of the baseclass for instance :)

Ok, what you need to do is:
a) declare your slots you want/need to implement in designer and use the
connect signals/slots function there; then reimplement the exact same slots
in your subclass

b) don't declare and don't connect signals and slots in designer but do it in
your subclass alone using the connect() method for connecting the signals and
slots in the subclass's constructor.Then you're the most independent from
any changes in designer, though if you change the variable names in designer
you need to adapt your subclass' constructor's connec() function pointers
accordingly.

Ralf

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> your-email-address

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org