htdig w/ 1.4 vs. 2.0

Steven Suson suson at TuckerEnergy.com
Mon Aug 27 22:39:58 BST 2001

Hi Ralf,

    Thanks for the response; hope this finds you doing well.

    First of all, perhaps a little background information is in order:

        Red Hat 7.1
        XFree86 4.0.3
        Kernel 2.4.7
        KDE 2.2

     KDevelop 1.4 gave me my first experience of a totally flawless indexing and use of the
documentation; always in the past there where little (and generally well known) glitches, but it was
possible to work around them. I have changed nothing whatsoever, but the behavior is completely
different. First it could not find the htdig.conf. Browsing the code ("Use the source, Luke"), I
discovered that it was looking in /usr/share/apps/kdevelop/tools. From here I wondered onto the
README.htdig, and became sort of shocked.... It spoke of installing several files under this directory,
of patch htdig (!), adding completely new options to the htdig.conf file, etc... When I attempted to
follow all of these instructions (except the patch part), it appeared to index my qt docs, and for
whatever reason, /usr/src/linux/include???? And.... no KDE docs indexed.

    When I get back on this, I'll send you some of the output.

Thanks,
Steven Suson
"Keep the faith."