KDE-2.2.1 and old KDevelop projects

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Aug 26 06:49:22 BST 2001

On Sonntag, 26. August 2001 07:18, you wrote:
> I installed the new version of KDE-2.2.1 and noticed that  I couldn't
> compile any projects made with kdevelop ( even mine ) getting this type of
> error:
>
> cd . && aclocal
> cd . && automake --foreign --include-deps ./Makefile
> cd . && perl admin/am_edit Makefile.in
> cd . && autoconf
> ./aclocal.m4:671: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> aclang.m4:173: AC_LANG_RESTORE is expanded from...
> ./aclocal.m4:671: the top level
> make: *** [configure] Error 1
>
> as you can see it stops me at the beginning of make just after the
> configure. Anybody noticed the same or can help?

I didn't give it a go with older projects though what you basically need to
do to fix this is *very* easy :)

To update your package to the newest KDE version either:
-install the newest kdevelop and copy
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop/templates/admin.tar.gz to your project dir and rm
-rf admin in your project dir, then tar zxvf admin.tar.gz there to replace
the old one. Then run make distclean in kdevelop, call automake (from the
menu), then configure and finally make.

or:
-cvs co kde-common/admin from the KDE CVS in HEAD or the branch for your
distribution (here: use -rKDE_2_2_BRANCH or KDE_2_2_RELEASE) by anonymous
cvs. Otherwise same procedure as above.

If you want to support the latest stuff from kde-common/admin, then grab that
from CVS, create a tarball from the admin dir (e.g. in mc change to admin and
hit F2) called admin.tar.gz and copy it over to your
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop/templates/admin.tar.gz to replace the current
one. That will make your new applications generated require the currently
used Qt library and KDE libraries. A change there is to be expected by next
week's friday when Dirk wants to update to Qt 3 for KDE HEAD as a
requirement, so if you want to make sure to limit the problems on your
customer's site when he is supposed to compile your product by ./configure,
make and make install and you're using Qt 3 you should (after a careful test)
update after next week's changes are done. Mind that current Qt 3 does also
work with the current admin without requiring any changes but the check in
configure counts a Qt 2 installation as valid so you might want to change
that if your application requires Qt 3.

If there are still questions open with that, please feel free to ask here so
they can be answered to your satisfaction.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Francesco
>
> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org