kio project naming

Shaun Jackman sjackman at home.com
Fri Aug 24 08:21:18 BST 2001

I have a kio project named kionjb. When I build the project I end up with
kio_kionjb.{la,so}. This doesn't seem to fit the naming scheme that kde uses
though; kio_njb.{la,so} would be more apt. Is there a way I can patch up the
makefiles now so that the final target is named kio_njb.* instead of
kio_kionjb.*?

Also, what's the general process of getting from a .kdevprj file to a
Makefile. What are the various steps, and which files can I hand edit without
the changes being overwritten the next time the file is built?

Thanks,
Shaun