KDevelop and host-type

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Fri Aug 24 07:30:20 BST 2001

On Donnerstag, 23. August 2001 16:15 Ralf Nolden wrote / Am Donnerstag, 23.
August 2001 16:15 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> On Donnerstag, 23. August 2001 15:29, you wrote:
> > > No. The end-user compiling your project is supposed to export the
> >
> > CXXFLAGS
> >
> > > according to his needs, in this case -mpentiumpro I think.
> > >
> > > Ralf
> >
> > OK ...but, where did the end-user do this ??? At ./configure or is this
> > an environment-variable ?
>
> Environment variable. That's how we say in kdevelop to enable debugging or
> generally set compiler options; you just don't see them directly but in
> compiling after configure ran. So basically, you do
>
> export CC, CXX, CXXFLAGS, CFLAGS. These are the environment variables for
> the c and c++ compiler and the according flags. You also need to do this
> for e.g. cross-compiling; then you need to set CC and CXX to (e.g. on
> StrongARM) arm-linux-g++ resp. arm-linux-gcc.
>
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

as we talked about allready, I'm personally very interrested in cross
compiling inside kdevelop (i.e. I would like to get DOS/Windows
executables/DLLs etc.). Is there any HOWTO available (I can't remember all
the many things you told me) and is there any item on the Wishlist to support
cross compiling?

- Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de