more on glimpse problem...

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 08:30:14 BST 2001

On Tuesday, 21. August 2001 18:07, you wrote:

Hi Pascal,

well, we could make a newer glimpse mandatory and add that to the manuals.
Could you do a cvs diff that works with your version and change the
manual/index.sgml in the english doc directory to set the requirement for
glimpse to the version that works for you ? Harald could run the ksgml2html
over that and put it into CVS and we apply the patch.
Thanks for investigating

Ralf

> Hi KDevelopers,
>
> there are two problems with glimpse >4.12/4.13:
>
> (1) It seems the output format of glimpse changed, so that
> searchToolGetTitle and URL fail... Examples:
>
> /usr/local/qt/doc/html//index: 125
> /usr/local/qt/doc/html//propertyindex: 10
> /usr/local/qt/doc/html//titleindex: 10
> /usr/local/qt/doc/html//whatsthis: 5
>
> FILE ckdevelop.cpp:
>
> The text we are looking for is now *left* of a column ':', and not right of
> space... (str.find is duplicated by the way)
>
> QString CKDevelop::searchToolGetTitle(QString str){
>   int pos = str.find(' ');
>   pos = str.find(' ',pos);
>   int end_pos = str.findRev(':');
>   return str.mid(pos,end_pos-pos);
> }
>
> QString CKDevelop::searchToolGetURL(QString str){
>   int pos = str.find(' ');
>   return str.left(pos);
> }
>
> (2) glimpse does not yield any hits when glimpseindex was called with both
> the -F and -X option... This is a bug in my opinion, and I've already
> reported that. The following may provide a workaround (not passing the file
> names on the command line, but indexing whole dirs instead.) However, I
> don't know whether this is compatible with old glimpse versions.
>
> FILE setup/ccreatedocdatabasedlg.cpp
>
>   if (useGlimpse->isChecked())
>   {
> //    *m_proc <<  "find "+ dirs +" -name '*.html' | glimpseindex " +
> //                    size_str +" -F -X -H "+ locateLocal("appdata","");
>
>     *m_proc <<  "glimpseindex " + size_str +" -X -H "+
> locateLocal("appdata","") + " " +dirs;	// <== fix
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Pascal
>

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org