Annoying bugs [was KDevelop vs KDE Studio]

Eva Brucherseifer eva at rt.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Aug 17 12:35:06 BST 2001

> > > Well, I liked that a lot as well. Sigh :)
> >
> > The TabPage MDI mode should fit your needs. Just close the files if you
> > get more than 1 header or 1 cpp or 1 doc. :)
>
> I actually think this mode should be reintroduced. Closing the files,
> allways keeping one is a bad option. This is not just being lazy - after
> you've finished an invloving debugging session you typically end up with a
> zillion files open, in which case I now use Window -> Close All. This is
> not even a subject with the old tab mode which I think should be kept.

Oh yes... debugging sessions are fatal in regard to the number of open files
;-)

With the old mode files were kept open, but not shown. This way it was very
fast to show another file. So the method to close files you don't want to see
is no good option. I'd like to make it configurable how many files per type
can be open. Something like 3 headers, 3 implementation files, one other file
and 2 documentation files.
Is there any reason, there is only 1 doc window allowed?

BTW, when I click on files (e.g. in childframe mode) the whole window
flickers. It looks as if the menu bar, tool bars, etc. are refreshed. After
some time this is quite annoying. I have the new suse rpms of kde 2.2
installed. Has anyone else the same problem?

Still I have to add here, that these are details... basically kdevelop 2.0 is
just great :-))

Greetings,
eva

--
Dijkstra:
"Testing can prove the presence of bugs, but not their absence."