Kdevelop vs. KDE Studio

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Fri Aug 17 09:35:24 BST 2001

On Donnerstag, 16. August 2001 22:01 Ralf Nolden wrote / Am Donnerstag, 16.
August 2001 22:01 schrieb Ralf Nolden:

> configurable indeed, we should put that into the TODO list Mathieu is doing
> right now and will be used for kdevelop/gideon development.

Hi Ralf,

you are talking about the TODO list for the next release.
Here are some items I suggest for the list (sorry for not beeing a volunteer
myself, I'm just a heavy user of this great IDE and my job eats me up :))

1) The collapsing tree (of course)!!!. But it would release much of the pain
if you could improve some of the actions inside the tree - i.e. allowing
multiple selections for "remove file from project", "add file to project",
"commit" etc.
2) Is it possible to remove a directory from the project? If you have to do
this you have to use some kind of "vi" to patch your project file and edit
Makefile.am etc.
3) When will the project file be cvs manageable? Having several users working
on a project means manually updating your project file by adding new files to
the project. In case someone removes a file from cvs and the project and cvs
kicks it out of your local copy you are completely lost. Some of our
developers messed up there project files this way and had to get a copy from
someone else. Or imagine someone changes the compiler options etc.

- Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de