Annoying bugs [was KDevelop vs KDE Studio]

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Aug 16 19:45:33 BST 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> a) when you're not confident with kdevelop, tell us what bugs you. We are
> respecting the wishes of our users and are trying our best to accomplish them
> as soon as possible.

Well, you asked for it :)

a) The tree view collapses everytime it needs to be updated.

Is it not possible to keep the tree views expanded while updating them? (I
know Cervisia does this for instance). This goes for both the Files tree
and the Class tree. In combination with the fact that you cannot do
multiple selections this becomes EXTREMELY annoying. If I wanna commit 7
files in a directory I have to right click, select commit, then search
through and reexpand the tree myself, and on to the next file....
So I don't, but use cervisia for CVS instead.

I haven't looked at the KDevelop code myself, but surely this can't be too
much work to implement? If so, jam it into 2.0.1 :)

b) The code parser does not handle templates very well.

Primary templates are recognized in 2.0, but partial specializations still
cause trouble. For instance:

template<int N, class T1> A;
template<class T1> A<1,T1>;
template<class T1> A<2,T1>;

etc. does not look good in the class tree.

c) Go to declaration/definition in the class view still not quite working.

At least for me this makes the class tree close to unusable...

d) Cumbersome to close files in "Tab Bar Mode"

Why is there no right click menu here? Too much work going all the way to
the Window menu to close a file..

Actually I miss the option of the good ole 1.4 Header/Cpp/Doc tabs...

So, there's my 2 cents. Any1 else has opinions on this?

--
Tarjei Knapstad