PHP for KDevelop?

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Apr 28 14:00:07 BST 2001

> And what about perl supporting?

Funny that you're asking - look at my latest commit :-)

Ok, I have now commited some initial support for python and perl
with regular-expression based parsing. This is not "the real thing",
but it should work well in 99.9% of all programs. People rarely
spread declarations over several lines or put them in strings.

I don't really know php, but I can imagine that it could be
implemented in the same ways as a proof of concept. Just check
out the HEAD branch and look at parts/pythonsupport. Of course,
you can also choose to implement a parser based on a tokenizer.
In that case, the C++ parser in parts/cppsupport and the java
parser in parts/javasupport would probably be helpful.

Bernd.