include directories

Arcin Bozkurt - Archie arcin at lumictech.com
Tue Apr 24 22:04:26 BST 2001

I am running Kdevelop 1.4 on KDE2.1.

I am trying to compile a project where a source file in one directory,
includes a header file from another directory. It does not compile
because it cannot find the header i am trying to include.

One way to get around this problem is to write the absolute path of the
file I am including to project options and have the Makefile changed so
that it has "-Idir" added to CXXFLAGS. This is not a good solution.

The Makefile in a directory looks like it assumes a dependency inside a
directory and the top level directory. Is there a way to get around this
limitation?

Thank you.

Arcin Bozkurt