Gideon

Robert-Margaret Hunt robert-margaret_hunt at sil.org
Wed Apr 18 02:52:00 BST 2001

I checked out a new version of Gideon a couple of days ago from
CVS. Everything compiled fine and Gideon runs but I cannot open a
Gideon project - when I try to open a project I get a open dialog
that shows folders but no files. So I tried to open Gideon (I
assume the 'gideonprj' is the project file) by opening the
directory it was in (ie ~/progs/kde/kdevelop/"). This the name of
the folder to be displayed on the title bar but didn't appear to
make anything open. Next I tryed just typing names of
files/folders that didn't exist and it did exactly the same thing
as with folders that did exist. Is this a know thing - is the
open project still undevelopment - if so I am not complaining? Am
I the only one that has this problem? I had heard the Gideon was
almost usable - HOORAY! - but this basically rendered it useless
except as a text editor.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hunt
<jhuntnz at users.sourceforge.net>